A “stand-alone” unit to monitor and control the many functions at the belt head, the BC-Pro Conveyor Belt Controller is designed to oversee any area involving the transfer of materials in a mining, tunneling, quarrying or processing operation. Through the continuous detection of conveyor speeds, belt sequencing, and real-time slip detection, the BC-Pro provides economic cost saving benefits and an increase in productivity by reducing the downtime of the material haulage system.
The BC-Pro utilizes an Allen-Bradley PLC control system for years of reliable operation. It reports malfunctions instantly, making it possible to bring the conveyor system back online quickly, either locally or remotely depending on the severity of the problem. In addition to speed and slip detection, the BC-Pro is capable of monitoring the conveyor dust suppression equipment if present and additional sensor technologies for a complete control solution.
Features and Benefits
- True Slip Function to protect belt during startup and normal operation
- Conveyor On/Off Sequence Controls
- Belt Speed Monitoring
- Interfaces with Ethernet, Modbus, and Fiber Optic networks
- Dust Suppression System Controls
- Monitoring and Control of additional or future sensors